It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
– J.K. Rowling
If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is compromise.
– Robert Fritz
Things do not happen. Things are made to happen.
– John F. Kennedy
There are two primary choices in life—to accept conditions as they exist or accept the responsibility for changing them.
– Denis Waitley
A man is happy so long as he chooses to be happy and nothing can stop him.
– Alexander Solzhenitsyn
In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.
– Eleanor Roosevelt
Instead of looking at life as a narrowing funnel, we can see it ever widening to choose the things we want to do, to take the wisdom we’ve learned and create something.
– Liz Carpenter
Life is a sum of all your choices.
– Albert Camus
To live is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there.
– Kofi Annan
Until a person can say deeply and honestly, “I am what I am today because of the choices I made yesterday,” that person cannot say, “I choose otherwise.”
– Stephen R. Covey
We must make the choices that enable us to fulfill the deepest capacities of our real selves. – Thomas Merton
The strongest principle of growth lies in human choice.
– George Eliot
With summer heat comes lots of insects. How much do you know about the world of insects? Test your bug trivia with this quiz.
1. How long can a cockroach live without a head?
2. About how many dust mites can you find on a typical bed?
3. True or False: Ants don't sleep.
4. The African Goliath beetle is the heaviest beetle in the world. How much does it weigh?
5. Dragonflies are one of the fastest moving insects. How fast can they fly?
6. True or False: Every year, insects eat 1/3 of the world's food crops.
7. What color is the blood of insects?
8. Which gender of crickets can chirp: the male or the female?
9. In its entire lifetime, how much honey does the average worker bee produce?
10. The rhinoceros beetle is the world's strongest insect. How many times its own body weight can it support?
1. One week.
2. 6 billion.
4. 100 grams or 3.5 ounces (the same as 33 pennies)
5. 50 to 60 mph (80 to 96 kph).
8. The male cricket.
9. 1/12th of a teaspoon of honey.